The Things to Come (part 3)
The Bible teaches a futuristic, pre-millennial eschatology.
From the Santa Clarita Baptist Church Articles of Faith:
RETURN OF CHRIST: We believe in the bodily, personal, pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ; that He will come before the seven-year tribulation period to snatch away His church, coming only into the air, and that He will come with His church at the close of the tribulation to judge the living nations and to set up His kingdom on earth (Matt 25:31-46; 1 Thess 4:13-18; Rev 19:11-21).
Why Futuristic Pre-Millennialism Must be True:
1. Kingdom Mandate of Genesis 1:26-28
2. The OT Predicts a Future, Earthly Kingdom (Psalm 72; Isaiah 2, 9, 11, 25-27; Zechariah 14)
3. The NT Predicts a Future, Earthly Kingdom (Matt 19:28; 25:31; Luke 21:31; Acts 1:6-7; Rev 5:10; 20:1-6)
4. All God’s Covenant Promises Must Be Fulfilled (Abrahamic, Davidic, and New: Gen 15:18-21; Deut 30:1-10; Jer 31:38-40)
5. Consistent, Faithful Hermeneutics Require It (Gen-Rev: especially Rev 19-20)